Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr Day! I am celebrating this wonderful day by siting at work. :) I had a marvelous weekend AND a marvelous drive to work this morning. I have a feeling that the next 8 hours will put an end to the marvelousness.

On Friday night, lee and I had dinner with my parents, which involved overeating and then making the bad decision to get dessert. And then we went to Target for a few things. Exciting, I know. We have come to terms with the fact that we are boring and actually rather enjoy it.

On Saturday, we went to a wedding reception for a couple that Lee works with. There was good food and champagne so no complaints from me! After we dodged the invitation to go out later with the happy couple, we made a quick trip over to my parents house to see how the fence was coming along. Have you ever seen an 8-foot high fence? I can now say that I have, and I'm 'not sure how I feel about it. I might love the privacy. I might hate the incarceration effect it gives off. Anywho, we forced my parents to take pictures of us while we were dressed up. Sadly they were all terrible pictures. Next we were off to do a little house hunting! We had found several houses we liked, but weren't familiar with the neighborhoods. We found a neighborhood we LOVE, and I found a floor plan that I LOVE. Too bad they are not together. Boo. The night ended with another trip to Target!

On Sunday morning we replaced all of the kitchen cabinet pulls and fixed a cabinet door that has been broken since ohhh, probably 2 days after we moved in :) I also decided that I will repaint the cabinets woohoo! We also hung a mirror that we have been planning on hanging for like 2 months. All in all, a very productive morning! Later we went with my mom to visit my grandpa. He had a bad fall a few weeks ago, and we had to put him in a nursing home for a little while. Just until he gets his strength back. I have never liked nursing homes, who does really. But this one was actually okay. The ever-present odor of urine and pine sol was non existent there and it was super clean and had a ton of staff. My grandpa was being really funny and grumpy. At least he is feeling okay. When it was time for his nap, we left and dropped my mom off. Then it was time for more house hunting! We went to a couple of open houses. We realized that we didn't love the inside of the houses in the neighborhood that we love (and by "we" I guess I really mean me) I don't know, the houses were really nice, but I just didn't like the set up and the living room and master seemed too small. I was kind of surprised that Lee liked them as much as he did. Then we went over to the neighborhood that we don't like as much to see the house with the floor plan that I love, only to find out that it wasn't having an open house like I thought it was. But, we went in another house and loooved it! It was almost exactly what we wanted. It was about one room too small though. We left the house hunt feeling like we knew a little more than we did before so that was good. On the way home, we discussed building a house. I got excited about that but I don't think Lee was as excited. Oh well, we have lots of time to decide.

I am not looking forward to another boring week at work, but hopefully it will go by fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home