Have you filed your taxes yet???!!
I've been working out during lunch time this week. My gym is actually on the ground floor of our building (BOK downtown) which is fabulous. It makes it so convenient, and difficult to make excuses not to go :) I find the locker room amusing. At first it reminded me of living in the sorority house. You know, everyone chatting and getting ready together. It sort of still does. However, it is kind of difficult to be modest in there, especially if you're working out during lunch and hurriedly getting changed. Some women prefer to go into the bathroom stall to change. Personally, I don't mind being in my underwear around other women. But some women in there....HELLO!! They just strip! Yesterday it was just my face in a sea of bare breasts! I was slightly shocked and didn't know exactly what to do. Whatever, I was more prepared today. Until I got out of the shower and everyone (okay, 2 people) was staring at me in my bra and skirt. What? You can walk around with nothing on but I can't wear my bra while drying my hair? I was confused. UNLESS the people staring at me were the ones that change in the stall!!
Today is April 15. That means nothing to me anymore :) I'm not going to lie, I kind of miss my old job. No, I do miss it and often think that taking my current job was a mistake but there's really nothing I can do about it and I've accepted it. I usually just remind myself of how much it sucked to work 60, 70, 80....one time I worked 100 hours in a week. No one said thank you. I believe that was the day I decided I was going to leave as soon as I could. I emailed my old co-workers to wish them a happy April 15. It's a big deal in the tax world! You work every waking second (including a lot of seconds that should NOT be waking), and on 4/15 you just feel such a sense of relief and accomplishment! That and you can sleep again. And see your family :)
Tonight we are going bowling with some friends. I don't think I've been bowling since high school. It should be a good time. I'm sad that they will all be drinking beer and I cannot. Do you think they have diet dr pepper there? It's just as good as beer. Maybe I could call and ask.....
Today is April 15. That means nothing to me anymore :) I'm not going to lie, I kind of miss my old job. No, I do miss it and often think that taking my current job was a mistake but there's really nothing I can do about it and I've accepted it. I usually just remind myself of how much it sucked to work 60, 70, 80....one time I worked 100 hours in a week. No one said thank you. I believe that was the day I decided I was going to leave as soon as I could. I emailed my old co-workers to wish them a happy April 15. It's a big deal in the tax world! You work every waking second (including a lot of seconds that should NOT be waking), and on 4/15 you just feel such a sense of relief and accomplishment! That and you can sleep again. And see your family :)
Tonight we are going bowling with some friends. I don't think I've been bowling since high school. It should be a good time. I'm sad that they will all be drinking beer and I cannot. Do you think they have diet dr pepper there? It's just as good as beer. Maybe I could call and ask.....


2 Comments:
I SO feel ya on the gym thing. Im so far from modest, but full frontal when you walk in the bathroom is a shocker. I'm cool with bra/underwear, but when someone's prancing (I feel like they prance) like they're in a damn nudist community, I get weird.
I havent been bowling in forever either! If you're not drinking, you'll just get better bowling as everyone else starts getting worse as they get drunk. haha..
i am a braless prancer at the gym. shocking i know! ok not really but i def am not shy about the changing of the bras in the locker room. but my gym is small and its usually the same people so there is some level of comfort. i love working out at lunch. need to do it more.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home