Thursday, February 12, 2009

You can hire me to paint your house if you want

For the past week or so I have been obsessively gathering recipes and entering them into nutritiondata.com. The site tells you the calorie count of your own recipes. The main reason for this is because I have decided that I need to start cooking more, and since I'm trying to watch what I eat, I want to know the nutritional value of my recipes. I often feel that I neglect Lee when I am trying to lose weight. Not that I'm responsible for feeding him or cooking for him, but I like to and I feel that it's important, especially since I enjoy cooking so much., and since he enjoys eating so much :) When I was single it was so easy to diet because I stuck to a few items and just ate them over and over. I can do that with anything really. I don't get bored of the food either, and I like routine. So now that we are living together, I feel bad if I'm going to eat grilled chicken and vegetables every single night. I have decided that I am going to plan our meals for 2 weeks at a time. Hopefully this will make for shorter and more efficient grocery trips, and will put a hold on eating out and eating pre-packaged dinners. We'll see how it goes.

And now for the big news! As of this morning, I am the proud new owner of this baby:
That's right, it's a paint sprayer! I know it's weird but I've always wanted one. The good ones are really expensive, but I found this one on eBay and it was a great deal, so I let myself get it! Woohoo!!! Kitchen cabinets here I come! I am really excited to use my new toy!

The wedding is 4 months away. 4 MONTHS!!! I feel like the last time I thought about it, it was 6 months away. And let me tell you that there is a huge difference between 4 and 6 months. I am starting to get worried about having everything done in time! Even though I know that I will have everything done in plenty of time because I am obsessive.

This weekend is Valentine's Day. I've never really cared about it. Other than the fact that it's a great excuse to get expensive chocolate, there's really no point to the holiday. I guess that Lee and I are going out to dinner, which I am kind of excited about because we are going to an Italian place that we haven't been to in forever. I kind of want to try and talk him into going to see a movie afterwards :) He never wants to go to the theater to see one so I figure I could guilt him into it since it is a "holiday" and all!

And I will leave you with a funny story. It's kind of one of those you had to be there stories, but I will share it nonetheless. We all know about the men I work with. Well, I guess that one of them has been sick or something this week. Yesterday, I was walking by someone's office and he happened to be in there. Um, he was wearing a face mask, like a surgical mask doctors wear. HAHAHAHA!!! What?! I had to physically restrain myself from laughing. I promptly went to ask someone about it and she was like "I don't know, I think he just has allergies" Oh man, it was so hilarious I can't even explain it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home